WS-13: Practice integrated water management
Practice integrated water management and planning.
Convene forums to promote a joint assessment and planning strategy involving local water utilities, wastewater service providers, water managers, and partners to the Southeast Florida Regional Climate Change Compact for coordinated consideration of:
- Stormwater use and disposal
- Rainfall-derived inflow and infiltration
- Traditional and alternative water supplies
- Wastewater disposal
- Expansion of reuse and water conservation measures (e.g., maintaining adequate aquifer levels and minimizing the use of potable water for irrigation purposes)
- Amendments to applicable development codes and regulations
Develop local integrated water management plans based on joint assessment and planning strategies.